8 Ball Pack Available for Grid
Driving over $7 million worth of top-spec racing cars down gamers’ download pipes, Codemasters® today announced the launch of the new downloadable “8 Ball” premium content pack for Race Driver: GRID™, the hit racing game of the summer, for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The 8 Ball pack will be available today, Friday 5th December, from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace (800 Microsoft Points) and from PLAYSTATION®Network ($12.95 AUD/ $14.50 NZD).
True to the original game’s quality ethos, the 8 Ball pack delivers eight superb high performance new cars to drive in the game’s ‘Race Day’ mode and online races. New featured cars include the McLaren F1 GTR, TVR Cerbera Speed 12, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, Honda S2000, Nissan GT-R (S-G2008), VW Nardo, Pontiac Firebird Trans AM and the Volvo C30 (full details in Notes).
In addition to the cars, there are two new multiplayer events to compete in set on existing circuits from across Race Driver: GRID’s three continents and designed to test drivers to their very limit online. On Xbox 360, the pack will also feature four new Achievements worth 25 points each to earn from four new competitive challenges including Jack Of All Trades, Drift Master, Gas Guzzler and Clean Passing.
Each downloadable pack will require players to have a full copy of Race Driver: GRID on the appropriate format in order to experience the additional content. Details of downloadable content for the Games for Windows® edition of Race Driver: GRID will be announced shortly. For all the latest information and videos, be sure to visit www.racedrivergrid.com
THOSE “8 BALL” CARS IN FULL:
• McLaren F1 GTR – The McLaren F1 GTR wrote itself into the history books as the only GT car to ever win Le Mans outright in the modern era and is considered one of the finest examples of automotive engineering in history.
• TVR Cerbera Speed 12 – The TVR 12 smashes past 60 MPH in just under 3 seconds. Production models were planned, but they were considered too powerful to sell to the general public.
• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X – For over a decade the Evo has been billed as a supercar slayer – now the Evo-X in GRID lets you unleash its sledgehammer aggression in the Pro-Tuned class.
• Honda S2000 – This roadster is heavily modified for drifting and has become a cult-favourite thanks to its award winning engine.
• Nissan GT-R (S-G2008) – One of the world’s hottest cars makes its debut in Race Driver: GRID in its fully tuned racing spec.
• VW Nardo – This powerful concept car made real from VW uses its 600BHP engine to rocket to 60MPH in 3.1 seconds.
• Pontiac Firebird Trans AM – The 1971 racing edition of this true American legend is a worthy addition to GRID’s exclusive group of muscle cars.
• Volvo C30 – Adding to Race Driver: GRID’s touring car roster comes the C30, Volvo’s agile, cutting edge hot-hatch straight from the STCC grid.