The E3 rumour mill is in overdrive today with the following rumours spilling onto the net:
• Microsoft will roll out “Avatars”, customizable characters that you create and who represent you when you’re online with Xbox Live.
• The next Tony Hawk game comes with a motion-sensitive stand-on skateboard controller that sounds a lot like the Wii Fit board.
• The big innovation for Guitar Hero World Tour’s guitar controller is a touch-sensitive fretboard that lets you slide up and down for analog solos during songs.
• Forza 3 for Xbox 360 is so gigantic – over 100 cars – that it will be sold as a two-disc game.
• There’s a video for a game called Crucible, which some are speculating is Silicon Knights’ game for Sega, which is rumored to be titled The Crucible: The Evil Within.
• Spider-Man vs. Marvel Zombies is headed to 360, PS3, and Wii.
• The next Call of Duty game is subtitled World at War, has no number attached.
• Disney is bringing out a 360, PS3, and Wii game called Ultimate Band, which will be compatible with Rock Band instruments or played with normal controllers and Wiimote motion sensing.