New Halo Content: Keep It Clean
A few days ago Bungie released the Keep it Clean teaser trailer:
Nice video, but what does it mean? 8BitJoystick have a few ideas:
1. Remember that supposed new Bungie game trailer that was going to be shown at E3 2008 that you heard about that was cut at the last minute for political reasons inside Microsoft Game Studios? Well I betcha that this was it. I heard from pretty high levels inside Bungie that they had a one minute trailer ready for E3 and the time of this trailer matches. This was the trailer that Bungie hoped you would see at E3. Since Halo is owned by Microsoft and published by Microsoft Game Studios it has to be marketed and approved by Microsoft. Remember how I said they were going to make Halo 3 DLC until the Ice caps melted and the water from Lake Washington washes away the giant sling shot they are going to build at the Bungie Kirkland campus? This is a part of it.
2. It is probably going to be a new Halo 3 premium downloadable Expansion Pack based on the Orbital Shock Drop Troopers referenced in the book series. It is going to take place in The Covenant invasion of earth between Halo 2 and Halo 3. It will include an AI or robot called the Superintendent.
3. They are going to sell it on Xbox Live Marketplace.
4. It is not going to be about the Master Chief but it might be about other Spartans.
5. It is going to be published by Microsoft Game Studios and it will never be on any platform beside Xbox 360 and Games for Windows. The Windows Vista version of Halo 3 is not officially confirmed but it is probably in the works somewhere.
6. It is probably going to hit in January 2009.
7. It is probably going to be more than ten bucks or more than 800 MS Points.
8. I also bet that they are going to release it on a disc so they can sell it at retail stores.
9. Despite it being made by Bungie it is probably not the only game being made by the new independent Bungie LLC.
10. It is not going to be “Halo 4” but it is going to use the Halo 3 engine and fit into the Halo story. This is not the Peter Jackson/Frankie Halo.
What do you think? Does the world really need more Halo content?